Dr. Abdur-Rahman Ibn Salih ibn Salih al-Mahmood from the tribe of Bani Tamim.
Early Years and Study
He was born in the city of al-Bakariyya from al-Qassim in 1373 AH (1953) and studied primary school. He then studied at the scientific institute in al-Bakiriya, which was established the same year he graduated from elementary school. He completed his studies at the Faculty of Sharia in Riyadh and graduated from it in 1395 AH, then the Imam University was established. He attained his Master's and Doctorate in the Faculty of Usul ad-Deen from the Imam Muhammad Ibn Saud University in Riyadh.
He studied with the following scholars:
- Shaykh Uthman an-Najran ( الشيخ عثمان النجران)
- Shaykh Salih as-Suhaybani (الشيخ صالح السحيـباني)
- Shaykh Salih al-Fawzan (الشيخ صالح الفوزان)
- Shaykh Abdul Karim al-Lahim (الشيخ عبد الكريم اللاحم)
- Shaykh Salih Ali Nasir (الشيخ صالح العلي الناصر)
- Shaykh Abdur-Rahman al-Baraak (الشيخ عبد الرحمن البراك)