The Shaykh was born in the year 1390H (1970) and studied from a number of Shuyukh, from them:
- Shaykh Abdul-Aziz Ibn Baz (رحمه الله تعالى), he accompanied him for 11 years.
- Shaykh Abdullah Ibn Jibrin (رحمه الله تعالى), he accompanied him for 13 years.
- Shaykh Abdur-Rahman al-Barrak (حفظه الله)
- Al-Muhaddith Shaykh Abdullah as-Sa'd (حفظه الله)
He excelled in the fields of Aqeedah and Hadeeth and has an Ijazah in most hadeeth books. The Shaykh has a rich library which contains some manuscripts and thousands of books. The Shaykh is well known for his humility, gentle character and pure intention. He has a number of knowledge based lessons, lectures and meetings. He had finished explaining many mutun (texts) in various Islamic sciences. Some examples of these are as follows:
- Lessons on Sahih al-Bukhari.
- Lessons on Sunan at-Tirmidhi (almost finished).
- Lessons on Sunan an-Nasa'i.
- Explanation of Sullam al-Wusul by Hafidh al-Hakami and it's transcribed in a notebook.
- Explanation of al-Wasitiyyah, at-Tahawiyyah and Lumatul-I'tiqad.
- Explanation of Nukhbatul-Fikr in Mustalah (of Hadeeth) and it is recorded.
- Explanation of Zad al-Mustaqni',
- Explanation of ad-Da' wad-Dawa'.
- And he has explained many other mutun, like the books of Shaykh al-Islam Muhammad ibn Abdil-Wahhab (رحمه الله).
The Shaykh had many da'wah activities and ilm courses for he had weekly lessons in a number of cities and villages, for example:
- Weekly lessons in Shaqra and Marat.
- He established a number of ilm courses in al-Quwaiyah, al-Jubayl and ar-Rayan.
- He travelled a number of times to the south of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for da'wah and it was successful by the Grace of Allah.
Whoever was close to the Shaykh realised he possessed strong knowledge for he sometimes used to give lessons without any preparation and would recall the men in the sanad of the hadeeth and present the views of the madhahib. This indicated the breadth of his knowledge and awareness. The Shaykh was once asked on how much he read and he informed them that he used to read on average 17 hours a day when he was seeking knowledge.
When the satanic Danish news media drew abhorrent cartoons of the greatest man to walk on the surface of the earth, the blessed Shaykh saw it was appropiate to respond with a lecture which became known as 'Ya Umati Muhammad' (O' Nation of Muhammad). The Shaykh made a modest request for the leaders of the Muslims countries to boycott and cut off all relations with Denmark. However this request was not to the Saudi Tawagheet's liking, so they sought to imprison the Shaykh for defending the Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ). The original sentence for the Shaykh was for 5 years however when the Shaykh disputed with the sentence, as it was obvious to any Muslim that it contradicted the clear Shari'ah, the arrogant judge (May Allah deal with him) increased the sentence by another 10 years. May Allah free the Shaykh and all the imprisoned Muslims.